Overview - MSc Student Internship Position - Profiling and baselining common user-space software for forensic analysis
The aim of this project is to provide an automatic approach to differentiate changes on operating system level by common user-space software. As system forensic can be difficult due to the impact of user-space software. The project aim is to reduce the analysis of artifacts for forensic analysts. The goal is the creation of practical tools to extract the artifacts (using standard forensic tools like Sleuthkit/TSK,…). Then providing techniques to differentiate known artifact creation from unknown ones.
Topics to be covered during the internship are system forensic, data extraction and text analysis.
- Must be a EU citizen with a valid work permit in Luxembourg
- Must be eligible for an MSc student internship in the field of information security and/or computer science
- Must have a high-level of ethic due to the nature of the work
- Must be fluent in English, Unix, Python and git (and a strong willingness to learn new techniques)
- Must have some familiarities in Windows operating system internals
How To Apply
The application package must include the following in ASCII text format (language: English):
- Your résumé letter
- A motivation letter why you are interested in the internship
The package is to be sent to info(@)circl.lu indicating reference internship-forensic-01.
Deadline for the application is the 15th March 2017. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Classification of this document
TLP:WHITE information may be distributed without restriction, subject to copyright controls.