The Computer Incident Response Center Luxembourg (CIRCL) is a government-driven initiative designed to provide a systematic response facility to computer security threats and incidents.
CIRCL is the CERT for the private sector, communes and non-governmental entities in Luxembourg.
CIRCL provides a reliable and trusted point of contact for any users, companies and organizations based in Luxembourg, for the handling of attacks and incidents. Its team of experts acts like a fire brigade, with the ability to react promptly and efficiently whenever threats are suspected, detected or incidents occur.
CIRCL’s aim is to gather, review, report and respond to cyber threats in a systematic and prompt manner.
Our mission is to:
- provide a systematic response facility to ICT-incidents
- coordinate communication among national and international incident response teams during security emergencies and to help prevent future incidents
- support ICT users in Luxembourg to recover quickly and efficiently from security incidents
- minimize ICT incident-based losses, theft of information and disruption of services at a national level
- gather information related to incident handling and security threats to better prepare future incidents management and provide optimized protection for systems and data
- provide a security related alert and warning system for ICT users in Luxembourg
- foster knowledge and awareness exchange in ICT security
For more details, please take a look at our RFC2350 document.
CIRCL is an accredited CERT of TF-CSIRT Trusted Introducer.
CIRCL is RIPE member and LU-CIX member.