CIRCL is the national Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) for the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. A CSIRT (or CERT) is like a fire brigade which can react when computer security incidents occur.
CIRCL is operated by SMILE ("security made in Lëtzebuerg"), a State funded "groupement d'intérêt économique" (GIE), designed to improve information security and create new business opportunities for Luxembourg.
Our mission is:
- to provide a systematic response facility to ICT-incidents
- to coordinate communication among national and international incident response teams during security emergencies and to help prevent future incidents
- to support national ICT users to recover quickly and efficiently from security incidents
- to minimize ICT incident-based losses, theft of information and disruption of services at a national level
- to gather information related to incident handling and security threats to better prepare future incidents management and provide optimized protection for systems and data
- to provide a security related alert and warning system for national ICT users
- to foster knowledge and awareness exchange in ICT security
For more detail have a look at our RFC2350 document.